- easy to cut and drill
- easily scratched.
- may be polished to a mirror finish
- shows fingerprints and becomes tarnished in time if not protected
- light-weight, with silver-like appearance
- may be too light for items that need some weight, e.g. earrings and pendants
- jewellers like this shining silvery metal due to its exceptional flexibility.
- after stamping the aluminium does undergo certain processes to 'work harden' it, making it more hardwearing for use
- very popular and affordable alternative to silver
- available in different gauges meaning that some of our shapes will be 'crisp packet thin' whereas others are very chunky dependent on the design and requirement.